IfL Advisory Council
IfL's governance structure consists of an Advisory Council and a Non-Executive Board of directors includes up to 45 elected member representatives, and up to 15 stakeholder representatives. Currently there are three observers.
View a diagram of IfL's Governance Structure (MS Powerpoint)
1. IfL Advisory Council: includes 42 member representatives and 13 stakeholder representatives from partner organisations representing the diversity of the sector, as well as four observers. The IfL Advisory Council:
- Distils the voice of members
- Influences and shapes IfL policy and strategy
- Meets three times a year
- Elects the non-executive board of directors from its own body.
2. Non-Executive Board (NEB) of directors: includes nine elected members from Council, three places for partner organisations from Council and up to three co-opted places. The NEB:
- Gives strategic direction for IfL
- Ensures business probity
- Has sub-committees focused on specific requirements, including audit
- Will meet nine times a year.
Advisory Council members can be contacted through the governance team at email@example.com