Benefits of membership
As an IfL member, you can access a range of benefits and services to support you in your professional practice at whatever stage you are in your career or the context in which you work.
See our slide presentation providing an overview of IfL and the benefits of membership (opens in new window)
By joining IfL you can benefit from:
- InTuition, IfL’s quarterly professional journal
- IfL Update enewsletter, supporting members' continuing professional development (CPD) and providing the latest sector and policy news, sent twice monthly
- Help in organising and managing your CPD via REfLECT+, IfL’s online personal learning space and portfolio
- A growing online library of resources, publications and online support
- The opportunity to be listed on IfL's professional status register
- Webinars, CPD workshops and online Q&As via Twitter and LinkedIn
- The opportunity to have your say through member consultations to influence national policy
As an IfL member you can demonstrate your commitment and professional status through designatory letters. Members can use the designatory letters MIfL (Member), FIfL (Fellow) or AIfL (Associate).
Members who hold QTLS or ATLS status can also use these initials as a designation.
Other membership opportunities
In addition to the benefits above, through IfL membership, individuals can access deep knowledge, experience and expertise to support professional development:
- A range of CPD opportunities including online modules, master’s level and action research programmes
- Access to the highly regarded system of professional formation, leading to both Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS) and Associate Teacher Learning and Skills (ATLS) status
- IfL’s jobs board tailored to the needs of teachers and trainers in FE and skills
- Share your knowledge, expertise and opinions by sharing your blog posts with IfL or contributing to IfL's professional journal, InTuition
- Seek election to IfL’s advisory council
Find a range of member benefits to suit you
Whether you are seeking career development, enhanced status or to build on your knowledge, by combining some of IfL's benefits and services, you can derive greater benefit from your membership.
CPD resources to support brilliant teachers and trainers
Ongoing continuing professional development (CPD) improves and enhances your skills and knowledge for the benefit of your learners. IfL offers a range of CPD resources, programmes and opportunities to members support you in your professional practice.
Recognition through enhanced professional status
Through IfL membership you can demonstrate your commitment to your own professional excellence and receive recognition that you are remaining in good professional standing.
IfL membership can help you to develop your skills and knowledge, and as result, enhance your status as a professional.
QTLS has given me credibility … I feel strongly about our professionalism.
Jodi Roffey-Barentsen FIfL QTLS
With you every step of the way in your career journey
Belonging to a professional body enhances your status within your field of expertise. IfL can support you as an individual throughout your career.
Join the IfL member community
The voice of the IfL member community is constantly gaining momentum as an influential force on the national policy stage.
Support when you need it
IfL prioritises listening to members and providing support as and when it is needed.