Reinstating your membership
Don't miss out on benefits and services: reinstate your IfL membership today
Teaching is a profession like any other, such as nursing, engineering or social work, and that’s why we would very much like to welcome you back into membership of the IfL.
Reinstating your membership is easy and can be completed online or over the phone on 0800 093 9111.
With the support of our members, we have continued to develop a range of benefits and services for members. Only as an IfL member can you benefit from:
- InTuition, IfL’s quarterly professional journal, featuring in-depth analysis of current sector issues, latest research and practical hints and tips for teaching and training
- IfL Update enewsletter, sent twice monthly
- The opportunity to have your say through member consultations to influence national policy
- Help in organising and managing your CPD via REfLECT+, IfL’s updated online personal learning space and portfolio
- The opportunity to be listed on IfL’s national professional status register, a mark of up to date, experienced professionals who hold Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS) or Associate Teacher Learning and Skills (ATLS) and have remained in good professional standing
- Webinars and CPD workshops designed to be practical and suit the real-life experience of teachers and trainers across further education (FE) and skills.
Members can also have their status recognised by using the designatory letters MIfL (Member), FIfL (Fellow) or AIfL (Associate). Members who hold QTLS or ATLS status can also use these initials as a designation.
You can request to reinstate your membership online, or if you prefer, you can call our membership team on 0800 093 9111.
Membership of IfL represents significant value for money with concessions available for members on lower incomes.
Belonging to a professional body enhances your status as a teacher or trainer. Like other professional bodies, IfL will support you throughout your career whatever your subject specialism or industry expertise.
IfL is the only professional body for individual teachers and trainers with teaching and learning as its primary focus. IfL offers membership for teachers and trainers as well as IfL companion status for those who have an interest in FE and skills.
As your independent professional body, IfL is only as strong and influential as the support you give it. In these challenging times for the sector, including threats to teachers needing to be qualified and so undermining teaching as a profession, we need your support more than ever.
We look forward to supporting you in your career, along with tens of thousands of other teachers and trainers.
Are your details up to date?
If you have moved house, employer or completed a teaching qualification please let us know by logging in to My Pages.